picture of forest

picture of forest
Offering you what the mainstream media will NOT! Daily articles and videos.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Terminally Ill Cancer Patient And His Family Face Jail Over Growing Their Own Medical Marijuana


SCOTT COUNTY, Iowa (WQAD) — A local cancer patient and his family, whose explanation for growing and using marijuana were not allowed as evidence, were found guilty of drug charges in Scott County Court.
Benton and Loretta Mackenzie and their son, Cody, faced charges after 71 marijuana plants were seized by police in May 2013. Mackenzie admitted in testimony Tuesday, July 3, 2014, that the plants were his according to sister station WQAD.
Mackenzie claimed he grew the plants to harvest cannabis oil to treat pain he suffers from terminal cancer. Judge Henry Latham ruled Mackenzie’s reasons for growing the plants were not admissible as evidence in the trial.
A Scott County jury convicted Benton and Loretta Mackenzie each of manufacturing marijuana, conspiracy, violation of the drug tax stamp act and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to Scott County Attorney Mike Walton.
Cody Mackenzie was convicted of misdemeanor possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, Walton said.
“After the verdict, Mackenzie stipulated that he has been twice before convicted of drug felonies. In 2011 both Benton and Loretta Mackenzie were convicted of Possession with Intent to Deliver. They were on probation for those charges when charged with the current charges. In 2000 Benton Mackenzie was convicted of Possession with Intent to Deliver,” Walton said.
Mackenzie faces mandatory prison time for the conviction. Sentencing was reportedly set for August 28, 2014 at 2:30 p.m.

Find this article useful? Like us on Facebook. We post stories like this all the time:

2 comments:

  1. You have some very good information here. I just joined Kannaway that has hemp oil products myself. I made a review site at http://mindpowerprayer.org feel free to check it out and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ,i am Ann Bryan from United state I live here in south California ,i am 46 years old,i saw a comment posted on health remedy by Christie bolt from Texas , about a doctor she met on internet and how she was diagnosed of HIV, and how she got cured from it by this herbal doctor called DR.HAKIM , so i called her , then she gave me the doctor address, i traveled down to see the doctor myself, i explained to him about my illness, which is Skin cancer ,which i have suffered from 3 years ,first he asked me if i believed in roots and herbs then i said yes, he provided me herbal medicine information's for my cure with herbal cannabis cream and , after i have used the medicine as recommended by him, then i went for check up in the hospital and my doctor told me that i am free from the infection, even myself noticed the charges on my body , then dr.Hakim asked me to promise him that i we testify of his good herbal work to the world, so I we like you to contact him if you have any health issue as well maybe he can help (dr.hakimherbalspellworld@gmail.com) because he his the best herbal Doctor i have seen

    ReplyDelete